As the majority countries are beginning to open up and welcome visitors, it is so tempting to start travelling again. But it’s important that we take every precaution we can to protect yourself and those around us. Here are some tips you can check out before your next trip.
- Make Sure You Are Fully Vaccinated
- Most countries only allow fully-vaccinated visitors to enter their borders. Making sure you are fully vaccinated will grant you access into the country you are visiting without any complications.
- Research the COVID-19 situation before travelling
- Do your research on where you are going. You should find out if it has low or even zero COVID cases, what are the steps you should take if you contract COVID or if you were in close contact, if there is a quarantine period so that you can work out how many days you can spend travelling and many others. It can be tempting to just jump on a plane, but doing your research will help stay ahead of COVID red zones.
- Mask Up and Keep Your Distance
- Wearing a mask is a proven prevention method against contracting COVID, so make sure you wear a mask wherever you go. Also, avoid large crowds whenever possible as it raises the risk of infection. Getting into the thick of it is common when we travel, but with the pandemic around, waiting a few extra minutes for the crowd to clear needs to be the way to go.
- Do an Antigen Swab Test – Before and After Your Trip
- Some of us might be asymptomatic to COVID. An effective way to check if you have the disease is to do an antigen swab test a few days before and after you travel. This is a precautionary measure you can take so that you can be sure if you have disease before you leave home or once you get back. These tests are affordably priced and can be purchased at most pharmacies.
If you are planning to visit the BOH Sungei Palas and BOH Tea Centres, we are glad to share that we are welcoming back guests who are fully vaccinated. You will need to check-in using the MySejahtera app and check your temperature before you enter the premises. There will also be physical distancing measures in place. We are open from Tuesdays to Sundays, 8.30am to 4.30pm and on select public holidays. We hope to see you soon and look forward to serving you a warm cup of tea.